Monday, August 18, 2008

...@ what cost...

so ii had this convo a few minutes ago...

Da Bruh:... I mean u are heeeeeeeeeeella popular
mE: && I'm so not popular
Da Bruh: Yeah u is
mE: how u figure?
Da Bruh: Eeerybody know yo name
mE: how ??
mE: they know me as Tree they dont know Satrina
mE: there's a difference
Da Bruh: Cuz eerybody I know basically know you or know of you
mE: how??
mE: lol
Da Bruh: Ppl know jay-z not shawn carter?
Da Bruh: So aint no difference. . .u famous cuuz accept it! Haaha
mE: lol u right
Da Bruh: Haaha
mE: but I'm so not popular
Da Bruh: Let you tell it. . .

&& my "special someone" always says too me "you that nigga" && ii dont see it... nor do ii even realize it... my thoughts are in order to get anywhere you have to know people.... cuz its not about wat you know but who u know!! I'm a strong believer in that... but comin from my bruh && then from "my special someon" are two totally different feelings... comin from my bruh, I'm proud that people know me && know my business && work... proud that when people talk about me its good shit && if its not then I'm still ok with that.... but comin from my special someone it feels like ii have the defend my "popularity" or whatever you wanna call it... && it can also be seen as a flaw, that ii do know many people :[

but ii guess ii do know a lot of people && people know me... but how will ii get to the level of success ii want if ii dont know people... as long as ii am not lettin know the side of me that my special someone knows right.... but showin is better than sayin... so we will see...

Sent via Tree's Sidekick lx

1 comments:

swag_ambassador said...

first off you aint that popular LOL.. this aint high school nigro!!!!

naw but for real, it happens like that. relationships are always more difficult when you know more people.. I KNO FIRST HAND. and have had a relationship faulter becuase of it. But if you have a relationship, and that situation is destined to strive, then both parties see past it. WHy you think celebrities never make it? TOO MUCH PUB.. theres always gonna be one person who doesnt see exactly eye to eye with the others successes and popularity.

But what matters is that the person who u may be interested in sees that its not something that makes you, YOU. That the popularity is just something that comes with the path youve created.. theres always 2 sides to being someone who is known, especially cause of where we live and how small this city is ya feel?

so I say dont stress it, and keep being known. Its a good thing to know so many people, you have that many more avenues and advantages that tha next man.. and that is something that could benefit your relationship, as long as the other half realizes that your popularity is an attribute to you as a person, not the other way around.


..one